- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ... Continue Reading
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ... Continue Reading
- Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback November 26, 2019
Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to ... Continue Reading
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity or ... Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will nourish your heart and soul.
Click here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart ... Continue Reading
- Going with the Grain January 11, 2019
Going with the Grain
They may be the culinary trendsetters of the 21st century, but the ancient wonders of the grain world have remain unchanged for the last several hundred years. From chia to kamut, sorghum ... Continue Reading
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk of ... Continue Reading
- Decoding Different Diets September 25, 2018
What Kind of Eater are You?
In the quest for a healthier lifestyle, even inveterate beef eaters may be considering a more vegetable-centric diet. If you’re on a journey to vegetarianism or simply curious about the ... Continue Reading
- Pain Management: The New Approach September 25, 2018
Fewer Pills, Lower Doses, More Vigilance: The New Approach to Pain Management
It’s hard to imagine a medical crisis more widely discussed, dissected and debated in the last two years than opioid abuse. As a result, ... Continue Reading